Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Little Better

Mileage has been a little better this week. I actually got to run Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and today...my normal schedule. Plus, I have been adding at least a mile walk at the end of each run and an extra workout of some sort in the evening, usually pilates. Boy, hot weather running is not my favorite thing. I lost about three pounds on the run this morning, even though I thought I was hydrating properly. And this is only June! When I was running this morning, I had the thought, "Some days I run, and some days I just throw myself at the road." Today was definitely the latter. I did meet up with a friend and have a nice chat this morning, which made the experience much more bearable. I miss the days of having running partners. My friends and I used to meet at 5:15 am during the school year--6:30 during the summer. We called that our social hour, since we didn't have much else in the way of social lives. "What's said on the road stays on the road!" That was our motto. One by one, my friends moved away or became injured or had babies or had schedule changes. So it goes. Now I listen to podcasts on my ipod and live for the rare moments that I meet up with a friend and have a real conversation. By the end of the summer, I'll start training for a half marathon in October. For now, I'll just keep plugging along.

No comments:

Post a Comment