Monday, September 16, 2013

Chicken Artichoke Pizza: A Family Favorite

Today, I took my oldest daughter to the airport to fly home to her husband in Rexburg, Idaho. I had planned to make one of her favorite dinners, Chicken Artichoke Pizza, while she was here visiting, but time got away from me. So, I decided to make it for lunch today before she left, even though there were only three of us home to eat it. It was better than stopping for fast food on the way, that's for sure. I make two at a time, which means we have plenty of leftovers for lunch tomorrow. It's a favorite, not only because everyone loves it, but also because it's so easy to make. We enjoyed it, as usual, and I'm reminded that I should make it more often. I lost the recipe long ago, but this is pretty much how you do it:

Chicken Artichoke Pizza

Pizza crust
Cooked chicken
Mozzarella cheese
Tomatoes
Canned quartered artichokes
Green olives, salad sliced

Layer the chicken, a little of the cheese, sliced tomatoes, artichokes, olives, and more cheese. Bake at 450 degrees until crust is done and cheese is melted and slightly browned. More often than not, I use store-bought pizza crust, like Boboli and canned chicken breasts. A better option would be to cook fresh chicken and make your own pizza crust, but I'm not going to lie and say that happens very often here. If you use bought pizza crust, a package of two works out perfectly with two large cans of chicken, one can of artichokes, and about four roma tomatoes. It's important to drain all ingredients well, or the pizza gets too soggy. You have to play around with it to get the right amount of each ingredient according to your tastes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment